University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2015-2020
Doctor of Philosophy in English (Media, Cinema, & Digital Studies)
– earned Graduate Certificate in Women’s and Gender Studies
– completed 70,810-word dissertation research project entitled “The Business of the Girl: Celebrity and the Professionalization of Girlhood in Early 21st Century media Culture.”
-served as Co-Vice Chair and Chair of the Midwest Interdisciplinary Graduate Conference, organizing the development and programming of a 2-day conference of panels, workshops, keynote events, and creative showcase.
– managed social media and communications as the Graduate Representative for the Children and Youth Media and Culture Scholarly Interest Group in the Society for Cinema and Media Studies.
– received honors, awards, and fellowships for research, including the Distinguished Dissertation Fellowship, the Advanced Opportunity Program Fellowship, James A. Sappenfield Fellowship in English, and the Eliana G. Berg Award for Graduate Research
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2013-2015
Master of Arts in English (Media, Cinema, & Digital Studies)
– completed master’s thesis entitled “Sex Education on YouTube: Analyzing Online Video as a Space for Youth to Engage in Sexual Dialogue.”
– served as Art Editor and Videographer for cream city review, UWM’s literary magazine.
The University of Montana, 2008-2012
Bachelor of Arts in English (Creative Writing and Film Studies)
– Graduated summa cum laude with University Scholar distinction from The Davidson Honors College
– Served as Design and Layout Editor for The Oval, UM’s undergraduate literary magazine.
Edinburgh Napier University, 2011
ISEP-Study Abroad in Edinburgh, Scotland